Who we are
We are the peak cemetery and crematoria industry body in Victoria, having effectively represented member cemetery trusts for over forty years. Our members account for provide over 90% of all burial and cremation services in Victoria.
Our membership base covers both large and small cemetery trusts throughout Victoria – and we welcome membership from a broad range of industry providers.
How we represent members
We proactively consult with the government, media, the Department of Health and other industry associations on behalf of our members – providing a strong, professional and united voice for the cemeteries and crematoria industry.
Membership options also extends not just to cemeteries and crematoria, but also to suppliers and clients of the industry – including stonemasons, funeral directors, grief counsellors, equipment manufacturers and other industry providers and services.
- CCAV is the peak cemetery and crematoria industry body in Victoria, having effectively represented member cemetery trusts (collectively providing over 90% of all burial and cremation services in Victoria) for forty years.
- CCAV seeks to represent the broad cross-section of cemetery trusts operating in Victoria and members, regardless of their size or level of activity. This commitment is reflected in the tiered structure of membership fees, and subsidisation of a range of association activities including general meetings and professional training activities.
- CCAV is now inviting membership from the broader industry representing not only cemeteries and crematoria, but extending membership to associated industries and suppliers including funeral directors, stonemasons, grief counsellors, funeral celebrants, landscape architects, equipment manufacturers and other industry suppliers and individual service providers.
- CCAV is the pre-eminent cemetery and crematoria industry body in Victoria with a strong, professional voice. It proactively consults with the government, media, the Department of Human Services, other industry associations representing the interests of members, the Victorian cemetery and crematoria industry, and industry, and the community.
- CCAV represents and promotes members in relation to a range of issues affecting the greater cemetery and funeral industry. Areas of interest include, amongst other things: development of legislation, industry inquiries, submissions and consultation with government, training and professional development, environmental effects, industrial relations and corporate governance.
- CCAV provides members with up to date industry related information including matters regarding compliance, regulatory controls; training, industrial relations, finance and workplace health and safety issues.
- CCAV shares a reciprocal arrangement with the peak Australasian industry body, the Australasian Cemeteries and Crematoria Association, ensuring an open exchange of information with ACCA and its affiliated associations within Australia and throughout the world.
- CCAV is the only industry association which provides membership for professionals and organisations across the whole spectrum of the death care industry. It provides an ongoing forum for professionals across a spectrum of occupational and industry categories, sharing an interest in the operation of cemeteries and crematoria or caring for related client families.