Cemeteries & Crematoria Association of Victoria Respects Your Privacy And The Protection Of Your Personal Information, And Is Committed To Complying With All Relevant Legislation And The Australian Privacy Principles As Described In The Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012.
Among other things, this means the Cemeteries & Crematoria Association of Victoria will:
- Member contact details as provided by the Member will be made available within the Member’s Directory.
- Be open and transparent in the way information is collected.
- Only use or disclose information in ways that are consistent with public expectations, or are required in the public interest.
- Only use or disclose retained personal information in the provision of our standard functions or activities. Apart what is on the Member Directory, we will not release or sell information to any unrelated third party unless required by law.
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure the personal information held by us is accurate, complete, up to date and securely stored.
- Let you access the information held about you, where ever possible. For security reasons you may be required to put your request in writing. You will also be able to correct information held, if required.
- Attempt to deal with you anonymously, if you wish, however this may restrict our ability to deal with any requirements in the future.
- Provide an opportunity for complaints about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, or a registered APP code (if any) that binds the Association. Complaints are to be in writing addressed to the President and will be considered by the President in conjunction with the Committee.
- Not disclose any personal information without your concent.